The dogwood flowers in my backyard prompted me to create this pretty pattern! I tested a few different versions before coming up with flowers that looked realistic and still worked up quickly.
You can get the printable version of the pattern HERE.
Here are my first prototypes:
If you’d like these patterns feel free to let me know (:
This is one of the most relaxing/ meditative crochet patterns I’ve made. The process reminded me of drawing a still life in art class. There was something really soothing about observing these delicate flowers and creating them with yarn!
A Crochet Pattern From Picotpals.com
- You can also use a 2.75 mm hook or 3.25 mm hook to make larger flowers
- This pattern has photo guides. These will be indicated in the pattern in bold.
- Rows 1 & 2 of the petals are worked in joined rounds.
- Rows 3-10 of the petals are worked flat.
- The leaf is worked as an oval.
- The center is worked in joined rounds.
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
hdc – half double crochet
2 hdc tog – two half double crochet together
inc – single crochet increase
mc – magic circle
picot – chain 3, slip stitch in first chain
sc – single crochet
[ ] – instructions between [ ] are worked in one stitch
Row 1: ch 1, 4 sc in mc, sl st in ch (4)
Row 2: ch 1, 4 inc, sl st in ch (8)
Row 3: 2 inc, ch 1, turn (4)
Row 4: 4 sc, ch 1, turn (4)
Row 5: inc, 2 sc, inc, ch 1, turn (6)
Row 7: sc, inc, 2 sc, inc, sc, ch 1, turn (8)
Row 8: 8 sc, ch 1, turn (8)
Row 9: sc, dec, 2 sc, dec, sc, ch 1, turn (6)
Row 10: skip first st, 2 hdc tog, [ch 1, sl st,] [sl st, ch 1], 2 hdc tog, sl st photo guide A
Finish off and attach yarn at the next st to the left. *For advanced crocheters* – work sl st & ch along the side of the petal and into the next st. photo guide B
Repeat rows 3-10 three more times.
Row 1: ch 1, 5 sc in mc (5)
Row 2: 5 inc (10)
ch 11, skip first st, 2 sl st, sc, 5 hdc, sc, picot, sc, 5 dc, sc, 3 sl st
- Flip the center so that the wrong side is facing up.
- Attach the center to rows 1 & 2 of the petals.
- Glue a few beads to the center. Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Apply a dot of brown & red pigment to the center of row 10. Blend a little bit.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that I receive a small commission (at no cost to you) If you purchase anything from the Amazon links provided. The links are all products that I used in this post.