Lately I’ve been experimenting with different types of crochet ribbing. I love the texture and elasticity a ribbed stitch gives to crochet fabrics. My trials & errors lead to these ‘knit look’ boot cuffs.
They’re so easy to make, use only a bit of yarn, and work up super quickly!
If you’d like, you can add tassels or pom pom embellishments to your cuffs. I chose to keep them simple so that they’ll be versatile enough to wear with any outfit. These cuffs totally transformed the look of my chunky heeled booties. I think they look cute as ‘faux boot socks’ too!
Without further ado, here is the free crochet pattern:
Cozy ‘Knit Look’ Boot Cuffs
A Crochet Pattern by Picot Pals
5” (12.7 cm) x 5.5” (13.97)
8 rows x 13 stitches = 4” (10 cm) x 4” (10 cm)
- 5.5 mm crochet hook
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn in gray heather or any worsted weight yarn
- Tapestry needle
- yo single crochet (yo sc)
- yo, insert hook, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull through all loops on hook
- All stitches are worked in the back loop only (BLO)
- Ch 1 tightly and turn at the end of each row. This will not count as a stitch.
- Each cuff is worked flat then stitched together.
BLO – back loop only
ch – chain
yo sc – yarn over single crochet
Row 1: ch 16, skip first ch, 15 yo sc (15)
Rows 2-22: 15 yo sc (15)
finish off. Leave a long tail for weaving in.
- Weave the needle through the front loops of each stitch. (this will give an almost invisible stitch)
- Weave in any loose ends.
I had a lot of fun working on the packaging for boot cuffs that I’m giving as gifts!
This post contains affiliate links.