Confetti, sprinkles, and pom poms are among some of my favorite things. Something about the spontaneous bursts of color is so appealing to me!
I fashioned a swatch of crochet with candy colored, puffy bobble stitches that mimic the look of confetti.
You can make your own with as many (or as few) colors as you’d like. While I used 10 different shades, the pattern can easily be customized to your preferences.
- Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK in the shades: Vanilla Cream, Daffodil Yellow, Peach Orange, Ballet Pink, Mustard Yellow, Lipstick Pink, Blush Pink, Slate Gray, Slate Green, and Washed Teal
- 3.25 mm crochet hook (This is my favorite hook.)
- tapestry needle
- color change
- bobble stitch
- foundation single crochet
- To find out which color of yarn I used in each bobble stitch, follow along with the chart above the written pattern.
- This pattern is worked flat in rows.
- The first row is made with foundation single crochet instead of a starting chain.
- Chain 1 and turn at the end of each row.
- The finished piece is about 7×7 inches.
Abbreviations / Special Stitches (US terms)
- ch – chain
- bobble – bobble stitch (6 double crochet together)
- foundation single crochet
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
Row 1: 35 foundation single crochet
Row 2: sc in each stitch
Row 3: 2 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 2 sc
Rows 4-7: sc in each stitch
Row 8: 7 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 7 sc
Rows 9-12: sc in each stitch
Row 13: 2 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 2 sc
Rows 14-17: sc in each stitch
Row 18: 7 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 7 sc
Rows 19-22: sc in each stitch
Row 23: 2 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 2 sc
Rows 24-27: sc in each stitch
Row 28: 7 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 7 sc
Rows 29-32: sc in each stitch
Row 33: 2 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 9 sc, bobble, 2 sc
Rows 34-35: sc in each stitch
Row 36: sl st in each stitch
Finish off and weave in loose ends.
If you liked this post you can share this collage on Pinterest (:
For more crochet patterns & inspiration, check out my crochet Pinterest board!
This pattern is for personal use only. You may use the pattern to make unlimited items for yourself, for charity, or to give as gifts. You may sell items you personally make by hand from this pattern. Do not distribute this pattern including but not limited to scanning, photocopying, emailing, or posting on a website or internet discussion group. Instead, direct your friends to this post sharing this link:
Thanks so much for your cooperation and support!
If you’re looking for more free crochet patterns, check out allfreecrochet.com
As always, happy crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links